Don't Just Pray



Proverbs 30:7-9

“Two things I ask of you, O Lord;

do not refuse me before I die;

Keep falsehood and lies far from me;

give me neither poverty nor riches,

but give me only my daily bread.

Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you

And say, ‘Who is the Lord?’

Or I may become poor and steal,

And dishonor the name of my God”

It takes a lot of built-up courage to say this prayer. Who doesn’t like riches? As long as one knows the way; who cares where the money comes from.

However, life isn’t necessarily about riches. There are other things more important than money. Living honestly is not only an option, it is an obligatory.

When we have too much, we would forget the pain and hardship we had experienced. We would not want to remember what we had prayed and promised God. We believe that we are ‘great’, maybe greater than God himself.

On the final day, we put the blame on everyone else, except ourselves.

Be careful what you say in your prayer. You are talking to God, the Omnipotent and the One-Who-Creates and Knows-All. This is very serious.

Don't just pray, act it out!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Beautiful post. Your words are eloquent and I enjoyed reading them. I agree that we should be careful of what we pray. God has a plan for all of us and it pleases Him when we walk in it. I would like to invite you to join me on a prayer chain for my mom. You can read about it on my blog under "Prayers for Mom'. I look forward to hearing from you. God bless.

Shine said...

It does make you think, but when you meditate on it, I just figure out that by asking that to God you are showing your humbleness wich is always the prube of honesty of a servant spirit, and when you do that then God will give you "everything"in abundance of the universe so you will be Rich anyways but not just in earth but in heaven, and That is beeing really Rich. But who tries to do this just to reach the financial freedom cannot find it, because the heart must be sincere and God knows what is in your heart and what are you looking for, if what you are looking for is God himself then you will find it, there.
Great Post, thank you for make us think and meditate about this. :)

Testuser said...

Asking God for things is not the way to pray. Asking God to show you HIS way is.

Praying you come to His light,

ê¿ê

franx said...

Yes Pray with your heart and believe it God will help us