Appreciating the best


"Train a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old, he will not turn from it."

Proverbs 22:6

Parents have been complaining about their children to me. Actually, after I gave some unfavourable feedback to them. I was rather shocked that most parents are a lot stricter than I thought they would be.

Now I know.

I guess most children these days are a lot luckier. When I was young, we have plenty of time to play, watch TV and do just anything I wanted as long as I finished my school homework.

These days, I can see parents racing here and there sending their children to tuition classes. Best of all, I got to know that none of the children I'm instructing take a bus to school! How horrible.

Their time is filled up with school, school activities and tuition classes, some even with drawing, music, sports and swimming.

I envy them, really. I never have those activities back then!

I just hope these children grow up to know and appreciate what they have! As for their parents, I think they have done more than enough!


1 comments:

Mary said...

hiya! Its the annoying prayer girl again :) You said in your previous post that, 'if we don't tell him specifically what we really want, it would only be another prayer' well, why make that other prayer in the first place? Why bother praying at all apart from to compfort yourself, because I don't see how it could possibly affect God, he knows (as you said) what you want, he knows that you have faith in him, so you don't have to prove that, and yes there is a bible verse saying 'ask and it will be given' but... why ask? Do people blindly ask for no other reason than that Bible verse? Consider for a moment all the time you spend praying in your life, say 10mins a day? Thats 70 mins - over an hour in only one week!! Wouldn't the supposedly loving creator of the earth perfer you to be enjoying the earth in that time? You could spend an hour calling round all the people that you know could do with a friend every week, imagine all the good that would do as compared to talking to someone who knows what you are going to say and know your good intentions? If it is for your own comfort, talk to those people who need a friend. Don't you think that an hour a week is a lot to spend doing nothing for anyone?
I hope I don't seem rude with my questions, I am just curious and I've never got a satisfactory answer to my question. Thanks for the time and blog space you've given me, I really do appreciate it. Mary